This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Who doesn’t love making a bucket list?
It creates excitement and inspires you to start knocking the items off the list.
As this blog is all about personal development, I thought it would be useful to create the ultimate personal development bucket list ideas for summer.
Why the summer?
Well, the summer is a time when we are all feeling more positive so it’s a great time to start attacking your bucket list.
Let’s jump right in.
What is a Bucket List?
Very simply, a bucket list is a big collection of goals, aspirations, and dreams that you would like to complete at some point in your lifetime.
A bucket list is there so you can keep track of all those random thoughts that pop into your head about stuff you want to do.
Having a bucket list front of the mind means you are more likely to take action on the things you want to do.
You can put whatever you want on your bucket list.
It could be something that seems relatively small and unimportant but actually has a strong meaning for you.
Or it could be something that is almost beyond your wildest dreams.
It’s up to you.
A bucket list is not about worrying about if you can do something or not.
If there is something you WANT to do – it goes on the list.
The summer is a feel-good time of year.
So why not take advantage of this and start knocking off items on your personal development bucket list.
There are so many benefits as to why summer is a great time of year. They include eating more healthily, increased Vitamin D, and better general wellbeing.
This year, let’s take it one step further and make it the best summer for personal development ever.
Now onto the bucket list ideas for summer.
229 Personal Development Bucket List Ideas For Summer
This list is here to help you build on your current bucket list.
Pick some of your favorites for this summer.
- Achieve happiness
- Add a picture to of all your goals
- Sign up to a meditation course
- Go to yoga
- Buy a stranger something at a restaurant
- Go to a poetry reading
- Change someone’s opinion
- Buy a stranger a loaf of bread at the shop
- Break a bad habit
- Act on your fears
- Break a Guinness world record
- Define your own Utopia
- Start a travel journal
- Build a self-education program
- Develop your intuition
- Change someone’s life for the better
- Stop worrying about what other people think
- Change as many people’s lives as possible
- Set a new standard
- Complete 31 random acts of kindness
- Finish a 30-day challenge
- Discover your life’s real purpose
- Complete a 365-day photo challenge
- Create a balanced life
- Discover your natural talent
- Build a place where people go to find purpose
- Become more enthusiastic
- Become optimistic
- Cut your hair and donate it
- Don’t be so materialistic
- Become more organized
- Put a message in a bottle and throw it into the ocean
- Do a random act of kindness every day for the rest of the year
- Become a mentor
- Stop eating sugar for a month
- Be more courageous
- Discover what really makes me happy
- Unplug for at least a day
- Feel like you’ve made a difference
- Do a day’s silence
- Figure out your biggest goal for the rest of the year
- Work out who you are
- Try being vegan for a week
- Do some charity work overseas
- Dance like nobody’s watching
- Do something outrageous for charity
- Donate something to a non-profit
- Do a meditation retreat
- Don’t say anything negative for a day
- Earn some trust back with someone
- Meditate for one whole day
- Do some charity work animals
- Meditate at a Buddhist temple
- No cussing for 1 month
- Don’t complain for a week
- Spend more time sitting in nature
- Learn some self-defense
- Stop smoking cigarettes
- Sell everything and live like a minimalist
- No junk food for 30 days
- Be honest about everything
- Say yes to everything for a day
- Stop taking drugs
- Do a kind deed and expect nothing in return
- Pray regularly
- Be happy with your body
- Be yourself
- Organize your bookshelf alphabetically
- Overcome shyness
- Be part of a disaster relief team
- Overcome the fear of failure
- Be someone’s hero
- Do a peaceful protest
- Be a part of an important movement
- Try being self-sufficient
- Be a mentor to someone
- Go to an inner awakening retreat
- Be on stage in front of loads of people
- Attend one personal development event
- Be a part of the habitat for humanity
- Become a blood donor
- Be a real inspiration to someone
- Become better at public speaking
- Be really passionate about a cause
- Try a Buddha Meditation
- Become a bone marrow donor
- Build a community of like-minded people
- Become an Early Riser
- Take 50 photos of things that make you happy
- Become a regular blood donor
- Put a message in a balloon and let it fly away
- Tell someone your true feelings
- Stop a bad habit
- Turn failure into success
- Read 15 books on Leadership and Personal Development
- Stop drinking alcohol for the rest of the year
- Start a non-profit
- Find a cause that will be in your heart forever
- Quit Caffeine
- Reduce your possessions to 100 things
- Find a homeless person a room for the night
- Do something different each month
- Forgive everyone for any previous wrongdoing
- Do something nice for a homeless person
- Go for a mission trip
- Give money to charity every week
- Go to a hospital and make patients laugh
- Stop chocolate for a month
- Donate blood
- No TV for a month
- Donate a large sum of money
- Go on a humanitarian aid trip
- Donate you don’t use anymore
- Find deeper peace within yourself
- Stop swearing for a week
- Find inner peace
- Do something nice for someone that will never find out
- Do something that people say you can’t do
- Find motivation
- Let go of grudges
- Go to a spiritual retreat
- Go to a cafe alone
- Help someone else achieve their goals
- Go to a wishing well
- List your important life lessons
- Help someone overcome their fears
Halfway Through The Bucket Ideas List For Summer
- Do community work
- Live Six Lives: Lover, Activist, Artist, Traveler, Parent, Worker
- List 20 things you like about someone and give it to them
- Make someone’s day
- Regularly sit in silence
- Help at a homeless shelter
- Stop living with regrets
- Live completely sustainably for the rest of the year
- Look the best you ever have
- Make a list of 100 things you love
- Go to Africa and help those in need
- Have more ‘completed things’ goals
- Go a day without electronics
- Write a gratitude list every morning
- Help in a Soup Kitchen
- Help in a 3rd world country
- Make a list of the 100 best experiences of your life
- Live off the land for 30 days
- Inspire someone else to make a summer bucket list
- Live in a developing country
- Make someone wish come true
- Go to a personal development workshop
- Learn how to meditate
- Attend a personal development retreat
- Explore mindfulness
- Start a journal
- Get a coach or mentor
- Speak to a therapist about something you have always worried about
- Say “no” without feeling guilty
- Overcome your anxiety
- Know how to deal with negative thoughts
- Commit to life-long learning
- Do one thing every day that scares you
- Start studying something new…just because you want to
- Work on improving your weaknesses
- Figure out how to work more productively
- Acknowledge both your strengths and your weaknesses
- Wake up an hour earlier than normal
- Do some traveling alone
- Live in a different country for 2 months
- Learn about different religions
- Learn all about body language
- Deprive yourself of five ‘luxury items’ for five days
- Write three things every day that you want to achieve… and achieve them
- Improve your communication skills
- Develop a current strength and become an expert
- Be happy in your own skin
- Do something good for the earth – like litter picking or a beach clean up
- Visit the elderly at a care home
- Develop a growth mindset
- Stop procrastinating
- Laugh daily
- Start mindful journaling
- Get clear on your true values
- Drink more water
- Become better at listening
- Start yoga or pilates
- Learn to control your emotions better
- Start doing affirmations
- Learn about diet & nutrition
- Start tracking your habits
- Work on your life purpose
- Take an online course
- Write a letter to your future self
- Start a family tradition
- Speak to 10 people you find inspiring
- Walk 10,000 steps every day
- Make friends with like-minded people
- Join/start a mastermind group
- Create a new, inspiring workspace
- Set a goal for the number of audio-books you will listen
- Do something people say you can’t do
- Be more patient
- Set a goal for the number of books you will read
- Write an autobiography
- Learn how to better manage stress
- Join/start a book club
- Start a degree
- Work on your empathy
- Open your eyes and see the world
- Define your own vision of yourself
- Start positive self-talk
- Develop a thick skin
- Be more productive with your time
- Balance your need for control
- Develop an abundance mindset
- Conquer your fears
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Embrace failure
- Be a positive influence
- Form good habits
- Find a healthy work-life balance
- Stop any drama
- Be a better friend
- Believe in yourself
- Live authentically
- Write a book
- Be open-minded
- Accept your flaws
- Never give up
- Be proactive
- Start a podcast
- Hire an assistant
To Round Up
Hopefully, this HUGE list has given you some personal development bucket list ideas for summer.
There is obviously a lot to chose from.
Try not to do too many at the same time. Pick a few and focus on them.
Once you have knocked them out of the park, pick some more.
This post obviously gives you lots of bucket list ideas for summer, however, you can continue doing them all throughout the year.
I’d love to hear of anything you have on your bucket list for this summer.
Drop them in the comments below.
Don’t Miss A Thing
Follow us on:
Or why not subscribe to The Growth Reactor and get all the latest self development tips straight to your inbox every week?
Enter your name and email address below to subscribe.